We are turning from tourism and approaching aquaponics! Our first major business plan meeting will be this Sunday. Results should include an executive summary of our idea, a name, provisional logo, and possibly preliminary financial projections. We have found some great research about the effectiveness of growing fish and vegetables together, for instance…
· Requires 10% of the water used in traditional farming!
· Uses 70% of the energy needed for traditional farming!
· Capable of growth rates 3 times faster than traditional farming!
· Capable of outputs 8-10 times greater than traditional farming!
· USDA certified organic produce!
All About Us
- Aquaponics in Lima
- Kat, Anni, and Tim are graduate students getting their MSBA in Global Social and Sustainable Enterprise at Colorado State University. They will be constructing aquaponic systems in Lima, Peru to test the feasibility of such systems to feed malnourished communities in arid cities. They plan to show that aquaponics can provide fresh, organic vegetables to an area where they are otherwise untenable, while at the same time introducing a sustainable supply of fish. Please subscribe to this blog to find out more about them and their work!